Tuesday 15 April 2014

What Is A Reflektor?




What is a Reflecktor? I started out with the word kaleidoscope and I checked my mind map and I was led to prism which is the skeleton of a kaleidoscope. Prism allows white light to pass through and creates a spectrum of colour at the other end of it, which can mean that this outcome is able to create many possibilities. Then, I drifted away to physics and I looked at focal length and I realised that these are the elements that builds up a kaleidoscope. 

While looking through the prism I got remaindered of the work reflect. Hence I looked deeper into the word reflect, and I thought about how the kaleidoscope can reflect to reflect. It encourages the user to reflect upon what is reflected in the kaleidoscope. However, I decided to use the word reflector instead because it sounds short and sweet but I played around with the name to make it more fun like the Kaleidokam, adding in the letter k and taking out c hence, Reflektor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment