Tuesday 12 November 2013

Aromalize Project











During my trip to Tokyo, I chanced upon this machine which has bottles with graphics on it in a mall. It was done by a japanese designer by the name of Kentaro Shihaku and the title of this project was Aromalize Project. It caught my attention because I have never seen something like this before and it was sort of related to my design issue. Just that maybe this was mainly based on the sense of smell because they were many bottles of scent. And it had some circular knobs and a elastic band that seems like the machine was movable. The designer was not there and the description of the project was in japanese, so being curious I came back to singapore and did a research on this designer and his work.
So this project was described like this, in the exact words from the designer :
"Aromalize Project is a realtime blending essential oil machine which is analyzing user’s current situation from their SNS, proposing the suitable aroma oil to them, and showing the process of blending over the pc browser.“Aromalize” you is exactly a world’s first challenge" I think his design idea was that the machine was a blending essential oil machine that can blend itself on the spot according to the status of a particular person on his social media accounts. 
On the site, there were a few videos about how the machine functions and the concept of the design idea. I really love it and I think it is more than brilliant. The video looked especially nice and suits the mood. Below are some of the screenshots of the video and each screenshot can explain a story.


Each bottle has a label of the scent and a different graphic on the bottle. 

Next, you place the bottle on the marked spot and slot in the name of the participant.

The machine will ran the bottle from the right to the left, and stop at certain places to fill up the bottle. Not two scent was the same and all of them were of a different amount. 



Once it is done, a sticker with the name of the participant and a status will be printed on. For this instance, it is optimistic and below the word they also include the ingredients/ scent that was blended into this personalized essential oil bottle.

All in all, I think this project is brilliant and I have no idea why, just by watching the videos already make me feel very calm as if I have smelled the essential oil. I will keep this project in mind and maybe take it as an inspiration for the next outcome of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment