Friday 15 November 2013

Process : Instruction Manual




After the change of plans of medium to show the instructions for the little experiment in outcome one, I've decided to do a 2 faced leaflt, 12.5cm x 16.5cm which is just the right side to be placed before the experiment kit and easy to pick up and read. I was inspired by brochures and leaflets that sells products that I picked up during my trip to Tokyo. So I took some photographs that focus on the product and contains space for the overlaying of text and graphics. The cover would be simple and straight forward, and "sells" the product itself. 

Here are the few photographs that will be used as the cover of the instruction manual. I took in 3 different styles, one doesn't have any table cloth while the other two has and one of them is blue x white pattered. I was testing out with the cloth to see the different  contrasting colours. The photographs were also treated to make them looking clearer and brighter.





The few designs above has a straight forward title on the left upper corner that says "Instruction Manual" which makes it straight forward. With the logo and short description at the bottom right. However, I thought that I should scrape away the logo because the bottle itself has the logo, so 2 circular icons will make it messy and confusing.



So I went out to try out some designs that exclude the logo at the bottom right, and I changed the title with some fonts that were used in the logo, and also a little tab at the right side of the cover which was used in the outcome two big posters. For all the drafts, I experimented in both black and white to see which one has the most contrast and to compare which was more applicable. 





I finally decide on a layout which I think is the most straight forward and centralized. I also tested them out on all of the photographs. The title would be bold and seek attention, so that it will catch the audience's attention before doing the experiment test, as this is mandatory so that the user knows how to go about doing the experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment