Monday 16 September 2013

Logo & Fonts














 I started my visual reasearch for the branding of my first outcome, I was thinking of a circular logo which is simple in black and white that has a tint of a chemistry factor. So I went to do some visual research on circular logos and some chemistry vectors. I was thinking of having a chemistry apparatus in the middle of the logo since I want this outcome to have a chemistry approach. I found out that a beaker would most probably be the easiest to identify and linked to chemistry.




1. QUARZ 974 Light


2. Tomahawk



3. Blazer



4. High tide

I had an idea of using geometrical looking fonts because they reminded me of chemistry. Hence I went around to look for fonts that played around with lines and edges, I limited myself to three of what I think suits my design. In the end, I decided that High tide would suit the best because the fonts were not so complicated. I also decided to use a similar but more simple font, the montserrat regular as my sub font.






After a few try outs, and then I decided to keep it simple and not use any vectors. There are two different versions to my logo design. One is in black and white and another is a overlay coloured version that looks almost like the chemical colour reaction on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment