Sunday 15 September 2013

Curious Video Shoot







I spent the previous night piecing up the selected clips for my story telling video. And this morning trimming and cutting certain parts of the video. Took me some time to select the clips for the video, because I was using a unfamiliar camera that can't do marco shots and some turned out to be out of focus. Or some being too jerky when I did the panning. Keeping in mind that the storyline has to flow and easily understandable by my audiences.

The video is roughly 4 minutes long and I've added some additional shots of the chemical reaction in between, some reversal effects were used too to make the audiences more curious about the chemical colour change. I did not make much changes to the colour of the video because I wanted to keep it raw and real. I will also include the opening sequel that includes the project's title and logo, and subtitle when I am done with the design.














Some of the production shots that I took during the shoot yesterday. A mini documentation of the process. Most of my shots were closed up/ tight shots because I want the focus to be on the words as they are the main character of my video and they have got a story to tell. 









I also documented the happening of the chemical reaction using two methods. One was tested on paper and one was mixing the substances in a test tube. The final product of the natural dye on paper by using chemical colour reactions. I was quite pleased and happy with the end results, although the dripping method will take a longer time to dry, the colours were very intricate and had a gradient of a few colours. I am sure when my users have their chance to experiment the colour change, they will be excited and have their curiosity sparked. Which is what my issue is about, Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment