Tuesday 17 September 2013

Lab mockup







I tried out some possible laying out of the equipments that are needed for the mini experiment + takeaway message corner. I tested with a few kinds of containers and chemistry apparatus, but I decided to keep everything simple and clear because after all, the main objective is for my audience to experience, reflect and have something to takeaway with them after viewing my design. I picked up some withered flowers and I will be using them for aesthetic wise, because they portray death which in this case I am working on the death of curiosity.



After that, I used the layout as a mockup board for me to plan where to stick the instruction labels. I want it to be a clear cut and none fussy way so that the work can speak for itself and easy for my audience to understand. So I will be using labels that goes step by step, such as "Place card here" and "Keep the message card". 

Draft instructions : 

  1. Place card here
  2. Pick a bottle that you think killed your curiosity the most
  3. Drip 2 drops on to the card
  4. Drip 2 drops of curiousmonoxide onto the card
  5. Pour excess residue here
  6. Keep the message card
But I cut short the instructions instead of being too wordy.



The solutions are the caused to the death of curiosity and I gave each of them a scientific name (which doesn't make any sense in the chemistry dictionary). I studied some chemical equations and gave each bottle a chemical name. They completed don't make any sense but I think it would be fun to rename each causes and make them sound like a chemical.

  • Curiousmonoxide ( CurOH2)
  • Technoethene (TC2H2)
  • Educanitrate ( EdNO3)
  • Parentchloride (P4CL2)







Lastly, I did mockups for the sticker design that will be placed on the glass dripper. I came out with a few designs to have a variation for me to choose. I decided to use the monochrome design to fit in the mood for the project, and I also chose the one that is inverted in black because it is more prominent when stuck to the glass bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment