Tuesday 25 February 2014

Pre-planning


In order to begin experimenting, I have to study and understand how a fractional distiller works so that I can redesign a prototype in the few weeks to come and having the function understood will make it easier for me to design and of cause it having to function. 

Also, I need to know what are the apparatus needed to put up the basic set up of a distiller so that it will be easier for me to purchase the apparatus as well.



Also, I learned about how the condenser works and what materials and placement would work the best in order to retrieve the smell in liquid form. The condenser needs to have water running so that the gas from the object with smell will turn into liquid due to evaporation. Also, the condenser needs to be titled at a 45 degrees for easy flowing of the liquid into the flask or any container at the bottom. 


On saturday, I bought a boiling flask looking kitchen glassware that has two compartments and two outlets. So I designed a distillation set up according to its design. I would need to improvise and add some other parts which are sold separately. This would be my first experiment that will be conducted once I get hold of all the supplies needed. 





This might be a draft plan for experiment two, even if the first experiment succeeds. So that I would have a few try outs and see which set up will be the best for my final outcome. As for this setup, it will partially be parts of a coffee distiller and a tea warmer. Also, I included other different glasswares as alternatives in case some might not work best such as some glasswares having too small opening which will be a trouble for users to place the objects inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment