Wednesday 19 February 2014

Two brains are better than one

On tuesday, I was very trapped in coming up with an outcome so I decided to meet a old friend of mine. He studied engineering, and a little experience and knowledge in chemistry. Plus, I've been speaking so much to my friends who does design, so I thought it would be good to speak with someone from another faculty to get opinions and comments from another perspective.

He told me about cognitive dissonance, which is about relating experiences with senses. It also refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviours. A clinical term used to describe stress that arises from holding contradicting beliefs. I also learnt about positive and negative smell.

A few keywords were highlighted and they were :

  • Tagging
  • Categorise 
  • Sync
  • Scent
  • Mood
  • Tunes
We also talked about smell, sight and visuals linking to memories. My outcome should be a library of a combination of : memories + experience + documentation + inspirations

By the end of a short conversation, I've decided to build a "machine" with the idea of a fractional distiller and the main objective is to preserve and obtain smells. Which will build up a library of scent.











No comments:

Post a Comment