Monday 24 February 2014

Sorry to disappoint

No doubt, for work check I've disappointed and was disappointed. I struggled with coming out with an outcome and sort of wasted six precious weeks before the work check. My studio work and cpj barely moved an inch. I was occupied with some personal problems and hence distracted, but I know it should not be an excuse.  My degree is important and I am not just doing it for myself but for some others who has high hopes for me. The very last thing I should do is to disappoint. No doubt it was a wake up call, although we all knew before hand that we were going to be called out at.

However, the feedback given after the work check was defiantely helpful and gave me a rough gauge on where I am right now. The comments given were :

  • CPJ should be expanded to include all documentation of process from research through design developments, reflection and analysis.


  • Really like the sketches of your ideas in the physical CPJ, seems like exciting thoughts, I would like to see you experiment and create them. Your reflections and musings are interesting in the CPJ. It makes it more personal and enjoyable. Progress on the studio work is slow. The app is a good start but it seems like right now you are just working with the art direction. I would like to see the actual concept, workflow and framework of how it will be used fleshed out more. At least that would give me an idea how the entire thing will work. Consider making also a geo-location tag with the app that users can tag locations that they have found inspiration. Then when you view the entire map, it then becomes interesting that there are so many places where people found inspiration. Disappointed with the progress, was looking to see more from you but hope that you will pick it up and make the most out of the 2nd term. 


No comments:

Post a Comment