Friday 28 February 2014

Materials sourcing






Yesterday while surfing some china websites to look for the distiller, and the failure to make an order because of the terrifying shipping fee of $180 for products worth only $70, I decided to try out with another alternative. I was able to source out the exact distillers on taobao, the popular china webstore that sells almost everything and anything. I've placed my order and crossing my fingers for it to arrive within 2 weeks. I know 2 weeks sounds like a really long duration, with the fact that I am only left with 8 weeks till the real deal. But I have no other choices and this is definitely one big challenge I have faced for this project.

 My plan is to work on the app and other necessary changes to the previous outcomes while I wait for the products to arrive. Also, I'll plan out a list to experiment with after they have arrived. And I can design a scent machine out of what I have bought through sketching them out first. Meanwhile if I happen to spot better materials or decide to custom made, I can always use the distillers that I have bought to be experiments for this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment