Thursday 6 March 2014

Making of acrylic cover travel journal











After sketching out and visualising different ways of designer the acrylic cover for the travel journal, I managed to get help from a friend who majors in product design. With his skills, drilling and cutting of the acrylic is so much easier and time savvy. The only difficulty faced was that the acrylic glue couldn't stick the hinge and the acrylic for long which makes it a little fragile. The whole idea of redesigning the cover to be acrylic instead of the black faux leather is to blend into the usage of the same art direction, so that my outcomes will look like a series. Also, I was thinking that having a see through cover would make people curious and want to see the contents of the journal with a little exposed on the outer few pages, almost like a sneak peak. Now that I've learned how to operate the machines, I can consider depend on myself if I still need a few acrylic covers or for any other outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment