Monday 3 March 2014

App wireframe

After work check during week 7, the feedback given to me was to start on the app wireframe, concept and workflow. The work I've shown during the work check were more like the art direction which wasn't enough. However, I would be sticking to the same art direction and  layouts. 

I've found a few developers that are willing to help me with the app. With no app knowledge and background, I proceeded with some research on what wireframes are because I am unfamiliar with the terms. Basically the wireframes works like a diagram and are screenshots of how one button or option links to another.



The idea of this app is to gather more experiences, and encourages designers to think about their experiences. It is also a medium to record inspirations and helps to remember the experiences. Also, it is a space for documentation of experiences and at the same time, a memory space.


I've roughly sketched out the few screen shots of the process of opening the app and signing up. The user will have his or her own account which makes it more personal. 





I printed out the screen samples that of the app during the work check and amended some parts of it. And to see which button or images links to another. Having this printed out, it makes a clearer picture for me to visualise, from here I learned about what I lack and the things that can be scraped away.

I also added in the extra page and function, which was a geo tag. I think that having a geo tag would be a brilliant idea because it shares with other users the location, and they can personally head to the same location and experience themselves. Moreover, I believe that different people have different experiences even though it is about the same object. 

I've sent this sketches and wire frames to the developers so that they get a clearer idea of what I am trying to achieve. To summarise, this app functions like instagram just that it revolves around the 5 senses experience. I am planning to meet the developers this week as soon as I can and get the app started, since I have to wait for the chemistry apparatus to arrive and can't start on building the scent machine. Even though I have no knowledge in building an app, I will try my best to learn about it and make it a great outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment