Friday 7 March 2014

Made Up Curiosity x Detour ideation



During studio class last week, a classmates asked if I was interested to do a collaboration. Since both of our projects share a few common areas, which was to draw inspirations for design solutions. When she voiced out her idea, I had many others running in my mind almost immediately. Basically she wanted  to make a kaleidoscope that can help designers use and see things in a different light and from there be inspired from the visuals. 

Here’s what i’ve thought about the outcome on my side, I intend to make a test tube kaleidoscope. Which will be a space for keeping findings. because most of my outcomes are to encourage designers to go out, use their senses to observe and collect things. So I was thinking, the user will collect things that has either taste, smell, texture and can create sound and place into the test tube. From there, they can draw their inspirations from whatever patterns they see. Plus the unpredicted visuals can draw curiosity.





Perhaps her kaleidoscope could be a empty one while mine has things filled inside that the user has collected using the 5 senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment