Monday 3 March 2014

Finding myself amongst others


With so much research done, and chancing upon so many designers with interesting works that revolves around smell. I found myself being pulled into different directions and tend to stray away from my initial intentions.Sometimes I found myself having common factors with the ideas of the other two designer's works and I tend to get excited and want to sort of do the same thing. Therefore, I decided to settle down and look through my objective of my project and also list down the objectives of two other designers so that I do not get mixed up and confused.



Olivia Alice 
Grandma's Jumper

Objective :

  • Retain the smell of a person after he or she has passed on
  • Using fractional distillation method
  • Obtain smell, liquify smell
  • A service



Amy Radcliffe
Scentography

Objective :

  • Shift focus off visuals
  • Visuals flattened our experience, dulling of other senses
  • Capture smell through memory


Jiayi Watt
Made Up Curiosity

Objective :

  • Documenting our experience for inspirations 
  • Enhance curiosity with the use of our senses
  • Encouraging people to use the five senses

No comments:

Post a Comment