Monday 31 March 2014

Scent Distiller Experiment No.2/3



Cinnamon powder



Diced apples


Herbal Chrysanthemum 



I also tried using the glassware I purchased a few weeks ago, however it did not seem to work (unable to retrieve pure liquid). It was boiling but looked like it was going to give way anytime.

I have a target to distill at least 3 scent per day for my scent library however I did not keep to the rule, but I promise I will! Over the past few days, I tried out a few other materials/objects such as cinnamon which does not really smell very pleasing. I am planning to distill by categories, but I am also planning to distill objects that are recognisable and are one of a kind. 


Problems encountered :


  • Boiling flask is getting dirty and it is difficult to wash because of its shape
  • Only have one boiling flask which is needed for the video shoot (needs to be in tiptop condition)
  • Powder form are not nice things to distill because they tend to stain the glass
  • Do not run on high heat/fire because it will cause powder to stain the glass
Also, I am currently waiting for the replacement of the broken flask I bought to arrive soon in case this current boiling flask decides to give up on me.


Recently, I found myself constantly sniffing objects in my everyday activity and considering if I should distill it. If not I would always be on a search on objects/materials that has smell. It is nice to know that I behave this way because I am paying attention to my senses more than usual and this is what I want to achieve with my outcome. 

1 comment: